We at College Bound understand the value of time. And if you are going to invest your time into something other than your job and your family, we can not think of a better place to invest your time than in our future leaders.
College Bound owes its existence to the dedicated efforts of volunteers. We refer to our tutor/mentors as “partners” primarily because it takes the effort of both tutor and student to achieve the goal of attending college. Partners work with 8th – 12th grade public and public charter school students to complete homework, work within our Math and Language Arts curriculum, and in other college preparations.
- Attend Partner Trainings.
- Meet with one student for 2 hours/week between 6pm and 8pm or 6:30pm and 8:30pm at a community-based site.
- Commit to building and sustaining a strong mentoring relationship with your mentee by meeting once per month outside of the regular site meetings for a mentoring activity.
- Commit to consistently attend site meetings for one full school year (September-May).
- Arrive early or on time to all meetings, being late or absent only when unavoidable.
- Implement the full College Bound curriculum as determined by student’s academic needs. Provide general homework assistance only as needed.
- Provide guidance and structure to complete curriculum and college preparation activities.
- Meet student’s family at least once during the program year
- Participate in College Bound enrichment activities
- Keep an open mind when working with students
- Commit for a full academic year or the remaining time in the academic year (September – May).
- Have a 4-year college degree.
- Pass the background and reference verification.