This award was created in memory of Juliette Tyler Lewis, wife of Executive Director (1999-2009) Rustin Lewis and long-time College Bound volunteer. Juliette had a passion for all issues of equality and her love of children and youth became her guiding principles in life. This award was established with funds raised in her memory to recognize a student with interest and passions similar to hers.
To qualify for the Juliette Tyler Lewis (JTL) Award, students must meet the following criteria:
- Graduated from high school while participating in the College Bound Academic Mentoring Program. Students must have been actively enrolled in the program during their senior year.
- Currently enrolled in college or graduate/professional school. If you are a student pursuing your undergraduate degree you must be a participant of the Virtual Mentoring Program, and actively engaged in the program.
- Have a current cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Committed to community service/volunteerism within the past six (6) months
In addition to the application form, all applicants must submit the following documents:
- An essay of at least 500 words explaining why you believe you are the best candidate for the JTL award
- An unofficial copy of your most recent college transcript
- A completed community service/volunteer form from an agency, organization, business or organization you have volunteered with within the past six (6) months.
- A recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor, school administrator or community service supervisor
Navigating the Juliette Tyler Lewis Civic Award Application
- Students, please read all directions and forms prior to filling them out.
- This application is under a time-out session for your protection and input is not able to be saved and returned to at a later time/date for completion.
- Each form will be filled out and submitted individually.
Use the JTL Navigation located on the right sidebar of this page to locate all of the required forms.
The JTL Application deadline is March 6, 2017, 6 PM EST.