The College Bound Scholarship
The College Bound Scholarship Program is designed to financially assist qualified applicants in obtaining degrees from accredited academic institutions of higher learning. Each spring eligible students may apply for an award up to $6,000 to be used towards the direct costs (tuition, room board) and indirect costs ( personal expenses, books, and transportation) for higher education.
Scholarship selection is based on a combination of academic performance, community service, extracurricular activities, financial need and a commitment to College Bound.
College Bound students are eligible to apply for the College Bound scholarship if:
- They are currently in the 12th grade
- They have actively and consistently participated in the Academic Mentoring Program for at least one academic school year
The application deadline for the College Bound scholarship is 6:00 PM EST on March 5, 2018.
The Justin Carl Holman Memorial Award for Youth Environmental Leadership
This $1,000 scholarship honors the memory of College Bound student and environmental activist Justin Carl Holman. It preserves his legacy of conservation and environmental justice by recognizing a current College Bound senior who shares his passion for the environment.
College Bound students are eligible for this scholarship if:
- They are a graduating high school senior
- They have participated in the Academic Mentoring Program for at least one year
- A commitment to the environment through academic studies and/or community service OR An intention to study environmental science, environmental politics or a related field in college
The Justin Carl Holman Memorial Award for Youth Environmental Leadership Application deadline is March 5, 2018, 6 pm est.
Juliette Tyler Lewis Civic Award
This $1000 scholarship is available for current college students who participated as seniors in the College Bound Academic Mentoring Program. To qualify for the JTL Scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
• Graduated high school while participating in the College Bound Academic Mentoring Program.
• Currently enrolled in college or graduate/professional school.
• Have a current cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
• Have a commitment to community service/volunteerism within the last six (6) months.
The Juliette Tyler Lewis Civic Award Application deadline is March 5, 2018, 6 pm est. (Previous recipients are ineligible.)
If you received a College Bound scholarship, here is some information that may be helpful for you.
Students may request scholarship funds on the following schedule:
- Fall: August 1st – September 15th
- Spring: January 1st – February 15th
- Students must use all scholarship funds within 6 years of high school graduation.
- Students must enroll in college within one year of high school graduation.
- You must maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA to maintain your scholarship.
- Students who fall below a 2.0 GPA will have one semester to show academic improvement.
Questions? Please refer to the full Scholarship Guidelines.
To request your scholarship disbursement, submit the following:
- An Official transcript or report card. Your cumulative GPA and most recently completed semester’s GPA must be shown.